Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things everyone assumes everyone knows, so no one talks about Volume I

On People who work outside.

Apparently, its a well known fact that if you hire anyone to do work on an external part of your house, they will freely urinate all over the place, with no regard to windows, neighbors, or your wife wandering around the yard.  In order to prevent this blessed event, you need to invite them into your house as soon as they show up.  Apparently contractors share the same weaknesses as traditional vampires.  Except for sunlight.  And I guess most don't suck blood or avoid garlic.  Okay, I guess contractors are nothing like vampires, but I bet my readership will spike from all the people googling contractor vampires.  Since that's all the rage.

P.S.  Apparently Roofers do it in the gutter.

2 comments:

  1. The contractors that worked at my old apartment used to do stupid junk all the time. They "refurbished" an apartment after a hurricane before I moved in. That meant cutting all electrical lines to the top floor, drawing chickens on the paint bubbles on the walls, and ogling my (now)wife every time she would go to the office to report anything. Awkward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's much worse than what we had. At least these guys got the job done instead of destroyed everything! Hope you have better luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete